Request a Private Event For Your Group
The Raleigh Astronomy Club does our best to accommodate as many outreach requests as possible. Please fill out the form below with as much detail as possible. A member of our outreach group will respond within a few days.
Some notes about requesting an event:
- RAC is a community partner. We never charge for outreach nor can we accept compensation.
- Events planned for weekdays during normal business hours are very difficult for volunteers. Evenings and weekends tend to get more volunteers.
- Planning an evening observing session:
- Do quick check of the sunset time. Observing can typically start about 1 hour after sunset. This can be very late for school age groups in the warmer months
- We need not only dry conditions, but also skies that are reasonably free of clouds. Around our area, about half of our observing events are cancelled or postponed. Please consider a rain date, if possible
- Volunteers bring their own personal telescopes – they need to be able to get close to the observing location with their vehicles and/or have safe transportation for their equipment.
- Remember only one person can look through a telescope at a time – for larger groups this can mean time waiting in line for their turn.