Please fill out the form below with as much detail as possible. A member of our outreach group will respond within a few days.
Some notes about requesting an event:
- RAC provides these opportunities free of charge. We never charge for outreach nor can we accept compensation.
- Events on weekdays during normal business hours are very difficult to our club to support. Evenings are weekends are preferred.
- Planning an evening observing session:
- Do quick check of the sunset time. Observing can typically start about 1 hour after sunset. This can be very late for school age groups in the warmer months
- We need not only dry conditions, but skies reasonably free of clouds. Around our area, about half our observing events are cancelled or postponed due to weather. Please consider a rain date, if possible
- Volunteers bring their own personal telescopes - they need to be able to get close to the observing location with their vehicles and/or have safe transportation of their equipment.
- Remember only one person can look through a telescope at a time - for larger groups this can mean waiting in line as everyone takes their turn.