Co-chairperson Doug Lively hosted the online meeting using the Zoom platform
Indoor Meeting: “Stellar Spectroscopy” by RAC member Matt Lochansky. Matt talked about how he has acquired spectra using amateur equipment, and what we can learn from them. The talk was accompanied by quite a few questions and answers.
The NCSU Crafts Center will be closed until the fall semester. We will continue to have online meetings on Zoom over the summer.
The observing area that we use at the NC Forest Resources location on Big Woods Road is closed to observing. We will post on the groups.io email list when it reopens to us for observing.
Treasury Report. The report was provided by Treasurer Steve Izzo.
- 147 single memberships
- 40 family memberships
- $824.60 in business checking
- $14,908.57 in savings
- $142.32 in special purpose checking
Club Elections. The election for Club Officers will be conducted online. Nominations are open now and will remain open until June 5. If you wish to nominate someone, please contact an officier by email. Remember that to be eligible to serve, you must be a member in good standing for at least 1 year, and you must be at least 18 years old.
The current open positions and nominees are:
- Co-chair person (need 3): Steve Blake, Mike Keefe, Ann Murphy
- Secretary: Phyllis Lang
- Treasurer: Steve Izzo
If you would like to nominate someone for an office, please contact one of the current officers or post your nomination to our groups.io email service.
Volunteer Opportunities. Several RAC members have recently filled currently the following volunteer positions:
- Web Master – Barton Meeks; Matt Lochansky will continue to serve in an advisory role
- Web Content Manager – Mark Gibson
- Social Media Director – Ana Vail
- Club Historian – OPEN – If you would like to know more about this positions, please contact an officer.
Upcoming Activities. Report provided by Doug Lively for Outreach coordinator Matt Lochansky.
- May 22: Virtual RACOBS. We are planning to conduct a group overving session using Zoom. Visual observers can describe their observations; imagers can share their images.
- May 30 Skywatching at Dix has been postponed to Aug 11 to view the Perseid meteors. Please monitor the raleighastro groups.io page for further information.
- June 12: Virtual RACOBS. We are planning to conduct a group overving session using Zoom. Visual observers can describe their observations; imagers can share their images.
- June 26: Indoor meeting via Zoom. Speaker TBA; Elections.