[ My thanks to co-chairperson Ann Murphy for recording the minutes in my absence. RAC Secretary, Phyllis Lang ]
Co-chairperson Doug Lively led the meeting at the NCSU Crafts Center.
20 people attende
Tonight’s Topic: “Refactors and SCT” by Chris Cole and Mike Keefe. They discussed the aspects of refactors and SCTs
• Planned Business:
- Expunging people that have not paid dues. Please renew.
- 100 single memberships currently.
- Last year only 45 single memberships.
- This is the highest it has ever been.
- Treasurer’s Report – Steve Izzo
- $619.85 Checking Account
- $3289.16 Savings
- $58.54 in the special account
- $320 expenses last month for Insurance, Business Cards, Flyers
- $153.53 in Dues for this month
- The 2018 Federal Tax postcard was mailed dated was April 1st.
- Observing Committee Report: Matt Lochansky
- Sat Apr 6 – 7:00AM – 4:00PM UNC Science Fest – Solar Observing ~9hrs (Already Covered)
- Fri Apr 12 – 8:30PM – 11:00PM Prairie Ridge Eco Station – Raleigh – State Wide Star Party – 3 hrs
- Fri Apr 12 – 7:00PM – 10:00PM – Ann E. Wilkerson Nature Preserve – State Wide Star Party- 3hrs
- Fri Apr 12 – 7:00PM – 10:00PM – Tobacco Road (Apex) – Mike Keefe – 3hrs
- Sat Apr 13 – 7:00PM – 10:00PM White Deer Park – Garner – State Wide Star Party – 3 hrs
- Sat May 4 – 6:00PM – 11:00PM – Art Museum – May the 4th be with you – 3hrs
Will need to load in early, since the museum takes you to the spot.
- Sat May 18th
7:30PM – 11:00PM – Observing at Dix Park
- Messier Marathon Report: Jim Michnowicz & Mike Keefe
It was a little cloudy until about 1:30. After 3:40am, there were really good skies. Mike Keefe saw about 76 objects, he had about 6 objects left. Jim Michnowicz saw about 50 – 60 objects. Barton Meeks – about 11, but without the goto.
- Get your data to Doug
• RACOBS – 26- APR Bigwoods
Elections: Elections (June) – Full Slate of Officers
1. Cochair – Steven Blake, Doug Lively, Ann Murphy
2. Secretary – Phyllis Lang
3. Treasurer – Steve Izzo
Anyone can run. Just has to be fully paid up in dues, 18+ years and willing to do it.
RGAS – After Meeting Dinner
Sammy’s Tap & Grill – 2235 Avent Ferry Rd, Raleigh, NC 27606 – (919) 755-3880