RAC Officers, Staff, and Committee Heads
The Raleigh Astronomy Club (RAC) is a North Carolina 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation based in Raleigh, NC, USA. The organization has number of officers and committee heads to help facilitate the club's mission. All positions are completely voluntary and members serve in these positions for the benefit of the club and the public with no compensation.
The officers serve as the board of directors for the Raleigh Astronomy Club and are elected for annual term every June. The officers for 2016-2017 are:
- Co-chair (Executive Officer): Chris Cole
- Co-chair (Executive Officer): Doug Lively
- Co-chair (Executive Officer): John Sadler
- Secretary: Dave Brugger
- Treasurer: Steve Izzo
The special interest groups are focused on a particular aspect of amateur astronomy and meet separately from the main body of the club.
- Imaging/Astrophotography Leader: Chris Cole
Certain activities are managed by committees of volunteers and the officers will appoint a person to head that committee.
- Webmaster: Matt Lochansky, Ian Hewitt
- Public Information/Social Media: Doug Lively
- Astronomical League Coordinator: Doug Lively
- RAC Observing Club Coordinator: Doug Lively
- Loaner Telescope Committee Head: John Sadler
- Public Observing Committee Head: Matt Lochansky
- Education Committee Head: Phyllis Lang
- Astronomy Days Committee Head: Chris Cole